Anya loves looking at her baby pictures. I finally gave up thinking that I would put them in a cutesie scrapbook and let Anya make one of her own. She loves it. I gave her some paper, ribbon, stickers, and crayons and helped her glue the pictures on. It's in a nice binder with sheet protectors and everything. She is very happy with the results and now I don't have guilt about it. She takes her baby book out every once in a while and looks at it and shows us how cute she was. Then she usually pulls out Talmage's and Aaron's and checks those out too.
So the other night we were eating dinner and she asked me why I don't have a baby book. (I only have one picture of me as a baby and I don't think she has ever seen it. It must be in a box somewhere.) So I told her I don't really have any pictures of me as a baby. She looked at me for a minute and then said, "You must have not been a cute baby." A long discussion ensued after that about why I don't have more baby pictures of me. But in the end she still thinks it comes down to me not being a cute baby. Oh well. At least she has a baby book of her own and enough self-esteem to get her through high school-- hopefully.
1 comment:
I can't imagine that anyone as beautiful as you could have been anything but a gorgeous baby. Tell Anya if she wants to see what her mom looked like as a baby, then she should just look at her own baby pictures, because she looks just like her mama!
Post a Comment