Friday, May 27, 2011

Still Learning

I love that I'm still learning things everyday, but sometimes the things I learn make me feel dumb.

This week I learned that Mums (the flower) and Chrysanthemums are the same thing. Makes sense now that I think about it.

Other times I feel smart, like after I read about a character in a Little House on the Prairie type novel putting cloth out in the sun to bleach, I put one of Talmage's white polo shirts on the window sill and the sun "bleached" a stubborn watermelon stain out of it. Awesome! Who would have thought a children's novel could help me with my house work.

Anya also has been learning a lot. She is quite the animal lover and enjoys any chance we get to be near animals. She loves horses, goats, chickens, ducks . . . So she has decided on what she wants to be when she grows up. She wants to be a farmer's wife. She figures as a farmers wife she can do all the great things like feed chickens and collect their eggs (she has stock piled about 10 egg cartons now-- she has been collecting them for the last few months), milking cows, herding goats and sheep, and shoveling manure. She also wants her own horse to ride, and brush, and braid it's mane. We sure love Anya! We'll definitely take her to the county fair this summer and let her spend lots of time checking out the animals. We are in a good area of Utah for seeing livestock and smelling them too.

No comments: