Cosmo two weeks before his accident.
Today, Cosmo (Talmages' pink Begonia) was just moved out of intensive care and appears to be in stable condition. Anya thought it would be a good idea to uproot him. (She loves picking weeds out of the grass and I assume she was doing the same to Cosmo.) She tried her hardest to pull him out of his pot but only succeeded in tearing off most of his leaves and flowers. Talmage was standing right next to her but wasn't paying attention to what she was doing. Once I saw what she was doing I stopped her. She had a lesson in plant do's and don'ts and Talmage got to practice forgiving. He did a good job not being angry or crying about it-- he was very concerned though. Well Cosmo was brought into the house and pampered with gentle waterings twice a day as needed and moved around to keep him in the sunlight as much as possible. It has warmed but up (yesterday was in the low 80's) so Cosmo got to enjoy some fresh air and sunlight outside. Today he has a new shoot and an open flower so I think he will survive. Talmage is excited. He now wants to plant a tree called Steven. Trees are a little more work and money than a potted plant so we'll probably have him wait a little longer before getting one.
1 comment:
He is so cute!
At least he's not asking for a dog just yet!
Post a Comment