Friday, November 16, 2007

Way to Go Aaron

Aaron has been chosen to be on a new, highly visible development team at work. He will be the "lowest ranking" member of the team and he is very excited to be included. He wont have to do any support or "on call" work anymore. He will be doing what he's most interested in, developing "stuff" from start to finish. He has recently been recognized for an application he built that has allowed specific tasks to be done in a small fraction of time that it used to take. One manager reported it taking him 2.5 hours to complete a task that took 300 man hours to complete before Aaron's application. Everyone that has used it is very pleased. So, they are expecting good things from him. And he's ready to show the company what he's got.

I know my explanations are a bit vague but the "computer talk" I do understand I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell. There is so much information he's not supposed to share that I try not to repeat things he says for fear it's "classified" information.

I can share though, that his current manager cried twice as she was telling his team that Aaron would be moving teams soon.

2 comments:

Stepha said...

Good job Aaron! If pride wasn't a sin, I would be oh so proud of you! As it stands, I am extremely happy for you, and I am extremely fabulously pleased with your accomplishments! Way to Go!!!

Jackie said...

That's awesome! Way to find your niche! My grandpa worked on the B-52 Bomber with Boeing back in the day and it was a top secret venture and could never talk to his family about it. That seems hard to me, but I guess with computers and technology they're so much a mystery to me, I wouldn't understand much of the work conversation anyway.