Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Fun Age

Anya is at such a fun age right now (closer to 4 years old than 3). She has started using big words, like Talmage, but she still has funny substitute words when she can't quickly think of the word she wants. She uses the word "them" instead of "they" all the time and I have tried and tried to teach her. She just gets talking so fast she doesn't think. On Wednesday Aaron was cooking hamburgers on his new little grill and Anya came running up to him and excitedly asked "Are them hotting up?" Translation: Are they cooking? Then this morning at breakfast she said "Talmage uses that spoon often". I was surprised to hear her use the word often in a sentence. Then Talmage asked her, "Anya, do you know what often means?" Anya replied, "No." and went on eating her breakfast. Talmage is always there to call her on everything she says. My other favorite big word she uses in certainly. Aaron asked if she wanted a specific song at bed time and she replied "certainly not" and then stated the song she wanted.

As not to leave Talmage out of the "fun age" post. He is now at the reading everything stage. He reads things at the stores that I wish he wouldn't and today he ran into my room to tell me "Dad's using Java." Meaning he was programing something for work in Java code. Talmage is also the worst back seat driver I know. He reads the road signs and checks to make sure I'm aware of them. Like the speed limit in school zones and reduce speed signs, left turn yield on green, and even bus stop ahead.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Again, I hear ya! Dallin read a shirt some guy was wearing at Walmart yesterday that said, "Beer, now cheaper than gas!" Him reading everything is such a blessing and a curse. And, he's ALWAYS asking me if I'm lost when I'm driving. Who needs a GPS system? Loved this post about the kids' stages.