Friday, October 31, 2008

Caricatures

At Aaron's company party they also had artists doing caricatures. I have always felt nervous about getting mine done because I didn't want to see my defining features exaggerated. Well I was feeling brave and we had fun laughing at the pictures. Here they are.

Talmage looking smug.

Anya looking more like a doll than my silly girl.

And scary Aaron and Brandon! Aaron's scariness makes me feel better about my prominent cheeks. I'm not sure if they are more like Cher or Yzma (scary beyond all reason--Emperor's New Groove).

You may wonder why they are so wrinkled. Well Aaron, at my suggestion, went to cross a "dry" riverbed to put them in the car for safe keeping. Well the riverbed was dry till about the half way point, at which there was a few feet of secretly soft mud. Aaron stepped into it and went down. He sunk in just above his knee. Both leggs ended up caked with foul smelling mud. Poor guy. And the party was only half over. Talmage's sunglasses were lost, the pictures wrinkled, and his pride deflated. He claims it is the most embarrasing moment of his life-- and he's had some doosies. I wish I had a picture of it!

1 comment:

Just US said...

Too funny! I had a good little giggle!