Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Piano too!

Talmage has been tinkering with the piano since we bought it two months ago. Somehow he figured out how to play the Winnie the Pooh song. He had one note off so Aaron showed him what it should be but other than that we didn't teach him to play this. I guess he has two variations to it- which you will see in the video. I didn't notice until I was recording it.



Talmage also can point to any of the white keys and tell me what the note is. And yesterday I heard him teaching Anya about how whole notes are round like a pie and you count to four and if the note is colored in and has a line then you only count to one for it. (Aaron taught him about whole, half, and quarter notes while I was at an orthodontist appointment on Thursday.) Talmage is still (for the past 2 years) asking for a violin-- to bad we can't teach him to play it at home. I have only found two people in San Antonio that teach kids younger than 8 to play violin. Both of these people charge a bundle.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Talmage you are SO talented!!!! I can't wait to hear what you perform when I see you next. If you keep learning like this you'll be as good as Mozart. He got to play for Kings when he was your age. :)

Jackie said...

Talmage is incredible! You have your hands full trying to keep up with him, I'm sure. It'll keep your mind very sharp.

Stepha said...

Talmage plays better then me!

Jessica said...

I'm impressed. Playing by ear is a very special talent!