Today it's drizzly (just a little rainy for those unfamiliar with Washington rain terminology) and 42 degrees. It feels like January growing up. The house is all dark and gloomy even with all the blinds open. To celebrate I spent "nap time" reading "Pride and Prejudice" and eating candy corns (my favorite candy that Aaron occasionally surprises me with). It's great to have a Washington day every once in a while. Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny again, which makes today even more enjoyable. Last week I thought the weather great because it was in the 70's and I spent a couple of "naptimes" outside reading in the sunshine but it just didn't seem right to be relaxing in the sun in January. We'll now that we've had a day or two of drizzle I'm satisfied with January and be can bring on spring again. I do love San Antonio winters-- a little of everything.
While I'm rambling, I'll take this chance to brag about my wonderful husband. Some of you may remember that I gave him a computer game for Christmas-- amazing I know. He has done something quite remarkable with it. Instead of playing at night-- like a normal gamer, he has spent the evenings, after the kids go to bed, with me and then goes to bed at a reasonable time and wakes up at 5 a.m. to play for an hour or so before going into work. He explained that this way he can still play but he has a definite stopping time. Saturdays he still wakes up at 5 and plays until 7 when the kids wake up. So rather than play till all hours of the night he is being quite responsible. Hurray for Aaron! What a happy wife he has. Also Aaron recently moved desks at work and now has a window seat. Simple pleasures! I bet he enjoyed the drizzle today.
2 comments:
Somebody remind me why I'm stuck here freezing my fingers off everyday and still paying $300/month to stay somewhat warm in my old house, when you're outside reading a book during naptime in 70degree weather. :) I, too, enjoy those Washington rains whenever we get them. Congrats to Aaron on the seating promotion at work. ;)
Yes, Aaron is wonderful, but of course I would say that since I am his mother. However, it is even more wonderful that he found such an amazing wife and mother for his children. A lot of Aaron's success is owed to you, Brandon. We love you!!
Post a Comment