Talmage is growing up! The other day he wanted to a snack but was too tired to do anything more than crackers. He told me he could make his snack all by himself. I thought it was worth letting him attempt. He decided to make a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So all by himself he got out the bread, jam, and peanut butter. Then he got a paper towel to make it on-- because he's caught onto keeping the crumbs contained even if his dad hasn't. Then he toasted his bread and then slathered it and the paper towel with jam. He then rinsed his knife before getting peanut butter-- who does that? (I usually just wipe it good on the other piece of bread and call it good) Then he did the peanut butter and smushed the two sides together. Then he tried to cut off the crust. He struggled for a while and then I helped a little. In the end he loved his sandwich so much he ate the crusts too. When he was done he put the jam, bread, and peanut butter away and threw the paper towel away. I was impressed and now he gets to make his own sandwich a lot more often. Now if only he was old enough to scrub toilets on his own.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Toasted Peanut butter and Jelly
Talmage is growing up! The other day he wanted to a snack but was too tired to do anything more than crackers. He told me he could make his snack all by himself. I thought it was worth letting him attempt. He decided to make a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So all by himself he got out the bread, jam, and peanut butter. Then he got a paper towel to make it on-- because he's caught onto keeping the crumbs contained even if his dad hasn't. Then he toasted his bread and then slathered it and the paper towel with jam. He then rinsed his knife before getting peanut butter-- who does that? (I usually just wipe it good on the other piece of bread and call it good) Then he did the peanut butter and smushed the two sides together. Then he tried to cut off the crust. He struggled for a while and then I helped a little. In the end he loved his sandwich so much he ate the crusts too. When he was done he put the jam, bread, and peanut butter away and threw the paper towel away. I was impressed and now he gets to make his own sandwich a lot more often. Now if only he was old enough to scrub toilets on his own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't belive how fast he is growing and learning. It is unbelievable! I'm glad that he takes after his mom in the cleaning stuff, we Kay kids aren't known for having the tidiest rooms on the block!
The tidiness or lack thereof was not from lack of their mother teaching them. Good job Talmage! I can't wait to come to Texas and have you cook for me!
What do you mean if only he was old enough to scrub toilets? Old enough to walk and hold the brush + Tall enough to reach over the rim = old enough to scrub toilets. :)
I've gotta employ Sarah's philosophy and get my kids to start scrubbing my toilets...somebody's gotta do it!
Yay Talmage! It's so exciting when kids can do stuff for themselves! My husband hasn't figured out the crumbs thing yet either...
Post a Comment