We had a bit of a "cold front" come through Southern Texas yesterday and today. I think it got as low as 49 degrees at one point during the night. I turned off the AC yesterday and we have enjoyed two days of free air conditioning. We did have to turn on the heater for about an hour this morning to warm it up a little. But the house stayed around 70 degrees most of the day by itself. We felt cold though and I tried to dig out pants and long sleeved clothes for the kids. We ended up settling on pants, t-shirts, and socks. It's funny how acclimatized we have become to Southern Texas weather. I know some of you would enjoy being in 70 degree weather right now because it would feel warm. We went from low 90's in the middle of the day on Sunday to high 60's in the middle of the day on Monday. The feels like a big drop.
I feel like Fall is coming now. We were able to buy a pumpkin and put it outside with out worrying about it rotting in the sun before Halloween. The kids keep running to the window to look at it. They are very excited to carve it. They keep getting into the same argument about it though. Talmage says it will be a Jack-o-lantern and Anya insists it will be a pumpkin. They have this fight every time Talmage says Jack-o-lantern. I've tried explaining it to Anya but she's stubborn and insists that no matter what you've done to it it's still a pumpkin.
Today I am also grateful for clean air. For those of you in California I hope you are well and out of the smoke. I know some of you are near the fire areas. You'll be in our prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment