Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm All Made of Hinges

After dealing with all the fun of Rheumatoid Arthritis this past year it seems ironic to think that one of my favorite songs when I was little was "Hinges". For those of you not familiar with this primary classic it goes, "I'm all made of hinges, 'cause everything bends From the top of my neck way down to my ends. I'm hinges in front, and I'm hinges in back; But I have to be hinges or else I would crack!" I haven't had many working hinges for awhile, so I am pleased to announce that with the aide of a relatively new medicine I am made of hinges again! I have been on a weekly injectable medicine for a few weeks now and I am starting to move with ease again. How wonderful life seems... I skipped with Talmage at the park yesterday, crocheted Talmage and Anya play mittens (which the love to wear around the house even in our 90 degree weather), and ran up the stairs to get something (instead of slowly dragging myself up and taking rest stops in the middle). I am so happy to be a mother in motion!

With the freeing up of my swollen joints I have had a lot of cracking. Talmage refers to the cracking sound as breaking. Sometimes he'll ask me "Why are your knees (or fingers, or arms) breaking?"

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh! I'm so happy for you! I had to take a moment myself to be grateful to be made of hinges.